Saturday 15 March 2014

Flyboard

This summer, when I went on holidays to Peñiscola, I saw a man, over the sea, that was flying. I did not believe what my eyes were seeing. The person could go up because he wore an object that, with the pressure of the water, and the air could go up very high, but he had to have a lot of balance, because he could fall into the water. I didn’t have the opportunity to use it, because it happened on the last days I stayed there for holidays.


When I arrived in Soria, I had a lot of curiosity about this sport. I had never seen it before. This new sport is called Fly board. Nowadays, it has become very famous. With this object, you can fly over 12 meters high, but at first it is a bit difficult because you have to have a lot of balance. Also, it allows you to submerge under water. 

The board has two nozzles to provide balance. The first ones are located under the feet to promise drive, and the other ones are located in the hands, to secure balance as if you were using ski canes. This object is like a board, where one stands on. It has to be connected to a watercraft by a very large tube, because you need another person to control along with you the pressure of the water and the air. This sport needs two people; one on the board and another on the watercraft to help the other with the pressure he wants, giving speed to make the board go higher.


If you want to do this alone, you have the opportunity to do it by another method where you control the pressure you want for the board, but doing it alone is a bit more expensive. If you want to rent it with the help of another person the price is around 100 euros for 20 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. I also went one year to Peñiscola and I didn't see it, it has been introduce recently. If I go another year I will try it although it is very expensive. It looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an amazing picture! It looks really good. However, like every aquatic sport it is very expensive and it is a pitty because I will like yo try it but my dad will too and 200€ is a lot of money. I wish its price decreases one day because flying over the water will be an incredible experience. Good and interensting post folk !

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be an incredible new experience to practice this sport. Many people like water and now they have the opportunity of doing a new aquatic sport. It is a fresh sport for summers with high temperatures. However, it is now used mainly by people with money because it is expensive. In fact, Flyboard is a really recent product –invented in 2011– and those who commercialize it are currently looking for people to distribute it and to set up a business based on the rental of Flyboards, as the one in Peñiscola. Therefore, with time, this sport will definitely become less expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aside from sport, this is an great activity that everyone should try if they have the chance. It looks thrilling to be on top of the hoverboard. There are many places that offer flyboard activities at good prices, so that way anyone can enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete